Posted by chris on Nov 4th, 2010
word knowledge. Don’t let this happen to you or your loved ones.
- Tim: today’s lunch: turkey chili and maybe a fried egg along with it.
- Justin: interesting combo. Is that common?
- Justin: That’s not something I’ve heard before.
- Zack: i do it all the time
- Zack: for breakfast mostly
- Zack: dunno where I learned it.
- Chris: i’ve done it
- Will: ive put egg in chili
- Justin: I’m calling my mom and asking why she deprived me of this all those years.
Posted by chris on Nov 3rd, 2010
Posted by chris on Nov 1st, 2010
- Amanda: lunch?
- Chris: yeah
- Amanda: tasters set on anything?
- Amanda: I have to pee
- Amanda: think about it
- Chris: not that
Posted by chris on Oct 28th, 2010
From Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon
Posted by chris on Sep 17th, 2010
- Amanda: ask Will if he wants me to bring my laptop to work tomorrow and wait with him at the new office
- Chris: why don’t you ask him
- Chris: shit
- Zack: hah
- Chris: she’s interrupting Cake Time!
- Zack: maybe she doesn’t realize he’s on our work chat all the fucking time
- Chris: she should realize i’m on Cake Time all the time
- Zack: all the caking time
Posted by chris on Aug 6th, 2010
After 24 years of diligent practice and non-stop training, I know how to tell when I’ve had enough cookies: When there’s none left. And the bag, box or bakery is empty. And there’s chocolatey, sugary, sometimes-snickerdoodley pain in my stomach.
Previously on Cut & Taste
Posted by chris on Jul 15th, 2010
Photo by Will Duncan, who was thoroughly unimpressed & unsatisfied with the shot from my iPhone camera
I printed some helpful tips for our fridge at ENTP. Because we like cold drinks on hot days. And in the words of wise investor Warren Buffet, “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
But wait — there’s more! Earlier this year, I made a sign to remind people to take their leftovers home. It hangs on our office door — the last thing you see before you leave.
No need to thank me. Please, keep your seats. Women, refrain from throwing underpants on the stage. I’m just a man trying to help. Okay, maybe I’ll take just one pair of underpants.
Posted by chris on Jun 9th, 2010
- Courtenay: stepping out for “lunch”
- Will: At 4pm!
- Chris: i haven’t had breakfast. schedules are for losers.
Posted by chris on May 15th, 2010
- Chris: i’m so full off this korean bbq
- Chris: i don’t know why i kept eating it
- Alienman: it’s the msg
- Chris: the sign said no msg
- Alienman: they meant they don’t want you sending messages
- Alienman: about the fact they use msg
Posted by chris on Dec 17th, 2009
It’s difficult to maintain the illusion that I’m a dominant alphamale when I have such a girly-looking drink in front of me. Next time, I’m requesting a cup with skulls, dinosaurs, and big rockets. With a biscotti the shape of a medieval saber.
Previously on Cut & Taste
Posted by Ana on Nov 3rd, 2009
I’m not sure if all of you know but our daughter Sofia is an IVF baby. Since my hubby’s been gone, well I’m human, I have days where I feel like I’m going to pull my hair out and want to run into the closet and let out a BIG SCREAM from frustration. What Mother doesn’t sometimes…
Today she pointed out the bubbles and yelled, “Bubbles, Momma! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?” Of course! Great way to entertain her and get her to wear out by trying to pop each bubble! hahaha
And as I watched her face full of joy and heard her beautiful laughter, I
realized remembered how blessed we are to have her here. I can’t even imagine how empty our lives would be if she had never been conceived. I watch her in amazement and pride because she’s the fruit of our lives. I love her. =)
Posted by annie on Aug 18th, 2009
I ran five miles at the gym today (instead of my usual two) in a desperate effort to put off work. Then when I got home, I decided to make chicken noodle soup from scratch (instead of the usual Campbell’s can).
Here are the results:
Well, a girl’s gotta eat, right?