Posted by chris on Nov 27th, 2008
My food log for yesterday:
- One slice of honey smoked turkey deli meat
- Sandwich: blackened catfish filet, two strips of uncured apple smoked bacon & romaine lettuce on whole grain bread from La Brea Bakery
- Sample of pumpkin pie from Trader Joe’s
- Trader Joe’s apples & cinnamon oatmeal
- 12oz coffee from Starbucks with non-fat milk
- Kashi GOLEAN crunchy chocolate peanut bar
- Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry mix from Whole Foods
When I buy the single serving, pre-washed/cut berry mix from Whole Foods, I know I’m paying a premium. But if I purchase fruit in bulk and it’s not ready to eat at a moments notice, I’m more likely to let it rot in the fridge — a terrible habit that I can’t seem to shake.
So for now, I guilt myself into eating the prepared fruit from Whole Foods, while it’s fresh and ripe, since I paid more for it than any sane person would. Worst diet idea ever — but it works.