Posted by chris on Aug 21st, 2008
Apparently, even though 200 degrees is a much lower temperature than most people set their ovens, it still has the ability to heat metal. While roasting prime rib, I burned my hand on the meat thermometer. And I still have a scar from hot oil hitting my wrist while sautéing potatoes for the side dish. Luckily, I didn’t make any dessert. I probably would’ve killed myself somehow.
And five minutes ago, I gave myself a “paper cut” with aluminum foil, which just might be the lamest cooking injury you can possibly get.
All within the past week. Perhaps I should eat out more. For my own safety.