Hobo: And thanks to that little girl, today you can find apples in everything that’s good: apple wine, apple whiskey, apple schnapps, apple martinis… uh, Snapple with vodka in it, apple nail polish remover…
Lisa Simpsons: Don’t forget apple sauce.
Hobo: Yeah, I suppose you could grind some pills into it.
— From an episode of The Simpsons (“Simpsons Tall Tales”)
Posted by chris on Oct 4th, 2011
- Saige: Just out of the oven. Apple pie made by Yours Truly.
- Will: Clearly that heart is for me. I want some!
- Saige: Of course.
- Chris: The heart is for Will. The rest is for me.
Posted by Ana on Nov 3rd, 2009
I’m not sure if all of you know but our daughter Sofia is an IVF baby. Since my hubby’s been gone, well I’m human, I have days where I feel like I’m going to pull my hair out and want to run into the closet and let out a BIG SCREAM from frustration. What Mother doesn’t sometimes…
Today she pointed out the bubbles and yelled, “Bubbles, Momma! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?” Of course! Great way to entertain her and get her to wear out by trying to pop each bubble! hahaha
And as I watched her face full of joy and heard her beautiful laughter, I
realized remembered how blessed we are to have her here. I can’t even imagine how empty our lives would be if she had never been conceived. I watch her in amazement and pride because she’s the fruit of our lives. I love her. =)
Posted by chris on May 21st, 2009
Chocolate mousse topped with strawberries; Raspberry mousse with whipped cream, Lemon mousse topped with blueberries; Triple chocolate brownie a la mode, Apple cinnamon crisp a la mode, Bread pudding with raisins & vanilla, with buttery whiskey sauce:
(Actually, there’s still some left in the photo above, but it really was completely finished before we left. I wouldn’t lie to you.)
Posted by chris on Dec 4th, 2008
On Monday, Annie and I cooked dinner while watching It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia. But before we could cook, she had to work on some nerd stuff and I had to eat slightly healthy things:
- Kashi GOLEAN crunchy chocolate peanut bar
- mix 1 tangerine protein & antioxidant drink
- Organic sliced apples from Trader Joe’s
Now that we got that out the way…
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce from Whole Foods. I ate it while cooking dinner, forgetting for the thousandth time that Annie doesn’t like shrimp (Who doesn’t like shrimp?! Nobody, that’s who.)
- All natural rib-eye steak (lots of marbling!), pan-fried with butter and chopped garlic, seasoned with truffle salt & black pepper
- Sauteed & broiled organic russet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, butter, rosemary, garlic, Lawry’s seasoning salt and black pepper
- Sauteed organic California-grown green beans, wrapped in prosciutto
- Sauteed organic asparagus, wrapped in bacon
- 337 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
In my defense
As you can see above, I ate sliced apples, a protein+fiber bar and a protein+antioxidant drink before cooking. What you don’t see, is that Annie had two espresso chocolate chip cookies and garlic+herb baked veggie chips before dinner. [Brushes dirt off his shoulder.]