Posted by chris on Jul 3rd, 2009
- Pan-roasted chicken with sherry vinegar & marsala wine sauce
- Carrot mashed potatoes with fresh chives
- Asparagus with crushed garlic & olive oil
The past few weeks I’ve been traveling and moving around. I just set up shop in a new place in Oakland, next to Lake Merritt & Piedmont. So this is the first meal I’ve cooked in a long while. Luckily, I had the help of my friend, Brian.
I asked Brian to drop a whole chicken in a large bowl of salt water to brine it. Well, I misjudged the capacity of the bowl and the water (or “salmonella water” as Brian would call it) spilled onto our counter (or “salmonella counter” as Brian would call it) soaking a roll of paper towels (or “salmonella paper towels”) and his clothes (or “salmonella clothes” as Brian would call it).
He showered, changed clothes and did everything short of calling for a government Hazmat team to come sanitize the kitchen.
Everything else went smoothly and the mashed potatoes have been dubbed by Brian, “The best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had… That I can remember.” So unless he’s had mashed potatoes that were so tasty that it caused memory loss, I think that’s a good review.
Posted by annie on Dec 5th, 2008
I only had two meals today:
- pork noodle soup with potatoes and dried scallops (my mom’s recipe)
- frozen yogurt with mango and mochi
- chicken and rice soup
Posted by chris on Dec 4th, 2008
On Monday, Annie and I cooked dinner while watching It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia. But before we could cook, she had to work on some nerd stuff and I had to eat slightly healthy things:
- Kashi GOLEAN crunchy chocolate peanut bar
- mix 1 tangerine protein & antioxidant drink
- Organic sliced apples from Trader Joe’s
Now that we got that out the way…
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce from Whole Foods. I ate it while cooking dinner, forgetting for the thousandth time that Annie doesn’t like shrimp (Who doesn’t like shrimp?! Nobody, that’s who.)
- All natural rib-eye steak (lots of marbling!), pan-fried with butter and chopped garlic, seasoned with truffle salt & black pepper
- Sauteed & broiled organic russet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, butter, rosemary, garlic, Lawry’s seasoning salt and black pepper
- Sauteed organic California-grown green beans, wrapped in prosciutto
- Sauteed organic asparagus, wrapped in bacon
- 337 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
In my defense
As you can see above, I ate sliced apples, a protein+fiber bar and a protein+antioxidant drink before cooking. What you don’t see, is that Annie had two espresso chocolate chip cookies and garlic+herb baked veggie chips before dinner. [Brushes dirt off his shoulder.]