Posted by chris on Jul 19th, 2011
Not pictured: tiny half-bite-size shortbread cookies from Alienman, who enjoys subtle dessert flavors that feature hints of sugar notes. I don’t play that shit. When you do as many desserts as I do, you quickly build up a tolerance. Only the darkest, boldest, raw and uncut confections will bring about the satisfaction that you crave.
But I will give her props. Last night, we got caked up at Cassidy’s with a flourless chocolate cake topped with mint ice cream. And a side of strawberry crème brûlée… You heard me.
Posted by chris on Jan 23rd, 2011
Dark chocolate fondue with orange, strawberry, banana, pound cake, rice krispies treat, marshmallow and vanilla ice cream.
Posted by chris on May 21st, 2009
Chocolate mousse topped with strawberries; Raspberry mousse with whipped cream, Lemon mousse topped with blueberries; Triple chocolate brownie a la mode, Apple cinnamon crisp a la mode, Bread pudding with raisins & vanilla, with buttery whiskey sauce:
(Actually, there’s still some left in the photo above, but it really was completely finished before we left. I wouldn’t lie to you.)
Posted by chris on Dec 6th, 2008
- 2 hamburgers “animal style” from In-N-Out with avocado
- Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and tomato slices on La Brea Bakery’s whole grain bread
- 337 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Organic red seedless grapes
If you haven’t tried a hamburger with avocado or prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, you’re missing out.
Posted by annie on Dec 4th, 2008
I had a pretty blasé food day (after the soup):
- three bowls of Chinese cabbage soup (I finally finished the huge tub of soup my mom gave me)
- one plate of salad with goma dressing
- half of a See’s milk chocolate bar with toffee
- one slice of hawaiian pizza
- two servings of sour cream and onion chips
- some strawberries
- two small cubes of cheese
- some grapes
- 1/8 of a piece of sausage
- two baby carrots
- one bit of chocolate cake
okay, I guess when I list it all out, it doesn’t seem blasé. but I don’t really like hawaiian pizza, chocolate, or cake.
Posted by chris on Jun 4th, 2008
Another peek into my latest food conquests…
My not-so-secret problem
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 11 brownies from the Apple Cafeteria (details in an upcoming post)
- Belgian chocolate assortment
Grains & carbs
- Kashi Whole Grain Flakes cereal
- Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal
- Organic stuffing mix
- Eggplant pesto
- Tomato & basil hummus
- Garlic mint cheese
- Sweet jalapeno spread
- Spinach bolani
- Lentil bolani
Bolani is a super thin flat-bread that’s filled with spinach, lentil, pumpkin or potato and baked in a clay oven. I buy it at my local farmer’s market and it contains no meat or meat products. All you do is break off some bread and put on whatever sauces/spreads you think will taste good together. Then try to eat it quickly before anyone asks you for samples.
The garlic mint cheese sounds weird, but I see it getting the most use. It tastes pretty darn good as a base— just throw some sweet jalapeno or eggplant pesto on top and it’s good to go.
- Organic strawberries
- Navel oranges
- Salmon filets
- Brown sugar
One weekend, I got it into my head that I was going to create a salmon recipe that utilized a citrus sauce/glaze. I’ll write the details on this later (complete with pictures).
Posted by chris on Apr 16th, 2008
Since Annie and I like to inform each other of our latest grocery conquests, here’s a list of food I’ve bought this past week or so:
- Red, seedless grapes
- Strawberries (organic)
- Dried fruit bars
- Cappuccino almonds
- Lemon honey almonds
- Espresso gelato
- Dark chocolate almond Laceys (review)
- Espresso chocolate chip cookies
all that non-candy stuff:
- White mushrooms
- Portobello mushrooms
- Sliced pepperoni
- Sliced prosciutto
- Uncooked shrimp
- Wild citrus salmon
- Pizza sauce
- Fresh mozzarella (ovalini)
- Fresh mozzarella (bocconcini)
- Whole wheat pita bread (organic)
- Herb bread (organic)
I don’t always have hours to slave over a homemade pizza (but I wish I did). So lately I’ve been using pita bread as the crust for some quick mini-pizzas. I have some leftover chicken, pesto and smoked mozzarella and a really great BBQ sauce (which I’ll review later) so I’m able to mix up the toppings quite a bit. One of my favorites: marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni and shrimp that’s been sautéed garlic, herbs and red wine.
As I post more of these lists, I suspect I’m gonna feel more and more guilty about the obscene amounts of chocolate I consume to power through my days. But that’s okay. It will simply spiral me into a deep depression that will lead to more of that sweet, sweet chocolate.