Posted by chris on Oct 1st, 2012
- Victoria: does eating homemade salsa count as a serving of vegetables? I’m going to say that it does.
- Chris: As everyone knows, the tomato is a fruit. Denied!
- Victoria: hmph. the peppers don’t count? I use a LOT of peppers.
- Chris: As everyone knows, botanically speaking, peppers are a fruit.
- Victoria: I think I hate you.
I’m aware that anyone who says “botanically speaking” is an ass-hat. In my defense, I’m only an ass-hat to Victoria. And don’t believe anyone who comments here saying that I’m an ass-hat to them. That’s just Victoria commenting under the name of someone I know in real life who I’m totally not an ass-hat to in any way, shape or form.
Posted by chris on Dec 6th, 2008
- 2 hamburgers “animal style” from In-N-Out with avocado
- Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and tomato slices on La Brea Bakery’s whole grain bread
- 337 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Organic red seedless grapes
If you haven’t tried a hamburger with avocado or prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, you’re missing out.
Posted by chris on Jun 4th, 2008
Another peek into my latest food conquests…
My not-so-secret problem
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 11 brownies from the Apple Cafeteria (details in an upcoming post)
- Belgian chocolate assortment
Grains & carbs
- Kashi Whole Grain Flakes cereal
- Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal
- Organic stuffing mix
- Eggplant pesto
- Tomato & basil hummus
- Garlic mint cheese
- Sweet jalapeno spread
- Spinach bolani
- Lentil bolani
Bolani is a super thin flat-bread that’s filled with spinach, lentil, pumpkin or potato and baked in a clay oven. I buy it at my local farmer’s market and it contains no meat or meat products. All you do is break off some bread and put on whatever sauces/spreads you think will taste good together. Then try to eat it quickly before anyone asks you for samples.
The garlic mint cheese sounds weird, but I see it getting the most use. It tastes pretty darn good as a base— just throw some sweet jalapeno or eggplant pesto on top and it’s good to go.
- Organic strawberries
- Navel oranges
- Salmon filets
- Brown sugar
One weekend, I got it into my head that I was going to create a salmon recipe that utilized a citrus sauce/glaze. I’ll write the details on this later (complete with pictures).